CoinPeople.com

Russian 50 kop 1901

altyn

A characteristic feature of this coin (discussed on this forum earlier) allows to conclude that it is fake. The 'lucky' winner is up for an unpleasant surprise. The listing is accompanied by a very elusive language.

Link

My favorite line of any post i have seen by far.

"The photos are 100% original of the coin that you will receive if you are the winning bidder."

So bid in full confidence the photos are very authentic, he took them himself.

;):ninja:

Both coins sold extremely well. If only there was a way to comment on these coins on the actual eBay auction page, instead of a forum page that only a few buyers will see.

Absolutely correct. The option of posting such a comment regarding a coin being sold would be a simple and efficient measure to solve the problems that are discussed in the parallel thread. That option would help to fight counterfeiters without feeding any bureaucracy. Of course, that option can be abused but nothing is perfect.

I agree, that would be a helpful addition, but it would be horribly abused without regulations, something eBay would need to figure out.

Amazing! both coins were almost immediately put back on sale by the same seller:

10 kop over 5 kop

The second one was put on sale but then quickly ended:

50 kop

I guess some buyers DO watch this forum (in particular the person who won them at the first round - good for him/her)

Don't know. He might have a few of them.

You might be right.

This memorable fake was, as I recall, sold by someone located in Australia (same seller?).

56731qp1.jpg

"Posthumous" :ninja: 1727 "gold" 2 roubles of Peter I.

In this case, it is very likely that the seller is just reselling more of the same fakes.

This coins looks genuine but as I'm not an expert I sell it as postcoinage

Whenever they say that and refuse to accept responsibility I tend to turn off and lose all interest in bidding on any of the seller's coins... ;) caveat chumpy :ninja:

Whenever they say that and refuse to accept responsibility I tend to turn off and lose all interest in bidding on any of the seller's coins... ;) caveat chumpy :ninja:

Whenever I hear some version of "I don't know what I'm selling", I think the seller probably knows exactly what he is selling.

Archived