CoinPeople.com

anyone a fan of the Walking Liberty halves?

Doogy

I've started collecting Walking Liberty Halves, opting for examples that are MS64 and up of the common dates, as opposed to the scarce high dollar years. They are beautiful coins, and I'd like to read more about them. The only book that is devoted to this coin that i've found is the Bruce Fox book, 'The Complete Guide To Walking Liberty Half Dollars, DLRC Press, Virginia Beach, VA, 1993.' The problem is, i can't find it for under $250! Is this some rare out of print coin book or something? Any clues on other books dedicated to this beautiful coin series?

thanks for any help with this coin series, and information on it!

Regards,

Doug

Guest 50cents

The Coin Dealer Newsletter has these research packs.Link

Another book is "The Walking Liberty Half Dollar" By Anthony Swiatek

The Coin Dealer Newsletter has these research packs.Link

Another book is "The Walking Liberty Half Dollar" By Anthony Swiatek

terrific, thanks! Of these two (research packs vs. the book), which would you recommend to get a good historical context and info on this series? thanks again!

Doug

Guest 50cents

I would say the book but the research packs are full of knowledge. If I had to pick one issue of the CDN it would be the Nov 1977. It had an article that was wrote by James Bennett Pryor. Mr Pryor was an expert on the Walker. You can purchase single issues for $2.50.

I would say the book but the research packs are full of knowledge. If I had to pick one issue of the CDN it would be the Nov 1977. It had an article that was wrote by James Bennett Pryor. Mr Pryor was an expert on the Walker. You can purchase single issues for $2.50.

Great, thanks again! It appears by your pictures, that you're a Walker fan?!

Doug

The problem is, i can't find it for under $250!  Is this some rare out of print coin book or something?

Doug

I've paid that much for many books I own - sometimes that is what is required. I know it sounds like a lot for a book, but not if you look at it in a different light. How much money do you suppose the book could save you over the next 10 years or so while you pursue your collection ? Might it save you 5 times that much - 10 times - maybe more ?

Books are almost always worth the money, no matter what they cost. And there's something else about the books. While the coin market may be fickle and prices go up and down over the years, the price of the books only goes in one direction - up ! So 5 yrs from now and you decide you don't want to collect Walkers any more and you want to collect something else - sell the book. You'll make a profit if you care for it. And then use the money from the sale to purchase the new books you'll need for the new objects of your desire :ninja:

Archived