CoinPeople.com

Russian Coin Unknown PLZ Help!

Hussulo

If one is well versed in his Russian numismatics, there is no such Pavel I trial design in copper.

As well as, the design of the 4 "II" that arounds the letter "I" seem to be ridiciously crude. The crowns around them are too simplified, and hence my answer as a copy.

It is too unlikely that you have found a coin that is worth at least 10,000+++USD don't you think? :ninja:

Yeh, your probably right I haven't got the kind of luck to find a coin worth $10000+, I have got some nice British coins but non in that league! I am a relative novice, as I have only been collecting for just over a year now.

P.S. if anyone else has any comments on this coin please post!

Thank you grivna1726,

Your right the quality is know where near as good! The origtinal is a superb looking coin. The busts are similar, but the forgers where quite a bit off with the reverse!

You're welcome.

When you know what the real thing looks like, it's obvious that the coin you posted is a fake.

I might add that the real coin is struck in silver, not copper. A real one would probably bring far more than $10,000.

Here's a link to a picture of a novodel (restrike) of the coin. I was unable to find a photo of an original on the net. I'm not sure whether this restrike was made from new or original dies.

http://www.numismat.ru/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi...=1796&number=11

That is a beautifull coin. I do love some of the russian coins and can see why you guys collect them. I would love to start collecting Russian, but I think if I diversify my collection to much I will end up with less coins of the same contry becouse of my limited budget. So im going to carry on with my early milled British collection. I will however buy any other coin from any country I come across if the coin is really nice.

That is a beautifull coin. I do love some of the russian coins and can see why you guys collect them. I would love to start collecting Russian, but I think if I diversify my collection to much I will end up with less coins of the same contry becouse of my limited budget. So im going to carry on with my early milled British collection. I will however buy any other coin from any country I come across if the coin is really nice.

That is a sensible approach. If you spread yourself too thin, you end up with a mishmash of coins rather than a coherent collection. Unless you have a lot of money, it's better to concentrate on a specialized area of collecting.

Archived