CoinPeople.com

Lincoln Penny

Don

I found a Lincoln penny in some change recently. It is somewhat stained, appears to be a 1920 d, very worn, what it interesting is, when looking at lincoln face side, and I turn it over, the reverse side (wheat, ONE CENT) side is upside down.....is this unusual? I am not a collector...just wondering about this coin. Unfortuneatly I cannot provide a picture at this time.

Thanks

:ninja:

How are you turning it over? Side to side or top to bottom? It should work out holding the face upright and flipping the bottom of the coin up and over. The reverse should be right side up. If not you may have a rotated die error.

haha sorry don I didn't read the whole post....my fauly for being an impatient person today!... that is possibile..but it does depend on how you turn it over as mark says..Rotated dies were kinda common on the wheat cents...but most of those were minor rotations if the coin is a 180 degree it would have some value depending on how bad the coin is..i am intrested in hearing the results

Thanks Mark and Matt, I was turning from side to side, so from bottom and turn up it is normal I guess .....heheheh oh well I don't learn anything if I don't ask questions!!!...thanks for helping me...

don

Archived