CoinPeople.com

Going through the coin box...

SMS

...I came across quite a few coins I do not recall ever buying. I have a box of about 20lbs of loose, mostly unsearched coins. I decided to search for some coins missing from their respective boxes and containers, and I came across one in a 2x2 from Poland. A Sigis III 1625 6 Grosky in at least a fine condition I would think. I have no idea where I got it from, and I don't have any references for world coins prior to 1700, so I have no idea what the value range is for this coin and how many to complete the series (you HAVE to complete the series once you've gotten your first taste, afterall :ninja: ).

Any info on the value and what it will take to complete the series? I may be able to get a pic up in the next few days so you get a better idea of the grade/condition. Thanks!

I assume you mean the 26mm silver 6 groschen with Sigismund III's bust facing right, and a crown above three shields on the reverse. That's KM#42, mint and mintage unspecified in the 1999 2d Ed. of the Krause 17th Century volume.

The series runs from 1623-27, plus an undated version. The dated coins are all valued in that edition at $7 G, $13.50 VG, $25 F, and $55 VF. The undated one is slightly more valuable - $9-65. :ninja:

...I came across quite a few coins I do not recall ever buying.  I have a box of about 20lbs of loose, mostly unsearched coins.  I decided to search for some coins missing from their respective boxes and containers, and I came across one in a 2x2 from Poland.  A Sigis III 1625 6 Grosky in at least a fine condition I would think.  I have no idea where I got it from, and I don't have any references for world coins prior to 1700, so I have no idea what the value range is for this coin and how many to complete the series (you HAVE to complete the series once you've gotten your first taste, afterall  :ninja: ).

Any info on the value and what it will take to complete the series?  I may be able to get a pic up in the next few days so you get a better idea of the grade/condition.  Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you, or your wife had won one of my contests past year (guessing the type of my car) and the prize was that coin... By mistake, it still appears on my site, in "Polonia" section... Check it out, and compare the image of the coin from my site with what you have... Enjoy!

If I remember correctly, you, or your wife had won one of my contests past year (guessing the type of my car) and the prize was that coin...

:ninja: YEAH! That's where I got it from :lol: Thanks to you now, I'll probably be "out" $100 extra this year and have a complete Sigis III 6 Grotzy set :cry:

Archived