CoinPeople.com

Vero Beach Coin show report

Dan769

This 2 day show started on Sat and ended today Sunday. I could only squeeze time in to attend today on the last 2 hours of the show.

Well that about says it all, it was the worst show, coin finding wise, that I have been to. There was nothing decent left, everything was kinda overpriced IMHO. Vero Beach does have some incredibly wealthy people living/retired here, and I think many of the dealers bumped up the prices accordingly. Things just seemed a little high.

Coin wise, the "middle America" coins were gone. For example, in Standing Liberty Quarters Variety 2, they were either worn flat, maybe a few in Fine, or they were Mint State. The VF and XF's were almost nonexistant. those that were present seemed to have problems. This held true for most coin series.

This was a small show, maybe 40 tables, but was well attended. A nice touch were exhibits set up on your way out that you had to walk by to leave the show. At least they weren't tucked in a corner where many wouldn't look.

I did manage a 1883 Portuguese 20 Reis in VF or so for $1.

Next show Orlando in March. 125+ tables

Sometimes you have to go when you can go! I have done that before at shows when I couldn't get away early in the day. Sometimes there is some good stuff left...if there are any dealers left.

Archived