CoinPeople.com

what is considered THE definitive resource

Doogy

After starting to collect world gold last week, i've picked up five so far (all but one are ANACS slabbed). I'm starting to find some nice online resources for world gold, stating production dates and some nice historical tidbits. I understand there is a Krause guide to world gold, and i'm wondering if this is a highly respected and informative book to consider? I ask because it is an expensive book, and I don't need a big doorstop :ninja:

What books should i consider on the subject of world gold, and are there any good websites that are dedicated to the collecting and historical aspects of world gold? thanks for any help!

Doug

The Friedberg book is the bible for gold. While quite good, older editions of the Krause gold book only goes back to 1601, the newest edition to 1501. Friedberg covers everything - even ancients. But be sure you get the 7th edition.

Doug,

thanks for the tip! i looked up the Friedberg book on Eprey, seeing what i could get it for. I'll ask my wife to get me the 7th edition for my birthday Feb. 1st :ninja:

I found a guy that lives in my city selling the 5th Ed. (1980) for a 'buy it now' of three dollars!

I couldn't pass it up, call me a sucker for a good deal!

thanks again!

Doug

Doug,

thanks for the tip!  i looked up the Friedberg book on Eprey, seeing what i could get it for.  I'll ask my wife to get me the 7th edition for my birthday Feb. 1st  :ninja:

I found a guy that lives in my city selling the 5th Ed. (1980) for a 'buy it now' of three dollars!

I couldn't pass it up, call me a sucker for a good deal! 

thanks again!

Doug

That's not being a sucker, that is downright smart planning. Get the older 5th edition for $3, and you can rag it out flipping pages "ohhing and ahhing", and learning the basics, then when you get the 7th edition, you will be able to use it as a good reference without abusing it.

The Friedberg book is the bible for gold. While quite good, older editions of the Krause gold book only goes back to 1601, the newest edition to 1501. Friedberg covers everything - even ancients. But be sure you get the 7th edition.

The Amazon reviews aside I'll take your word for it and add this to my list. It would make a good birthday present for me as well :ninja:

They've gone back to 1501 now? Do you ever think they'll get back to 1101? If they do then i'll be getting one.

I rather doubt it - but of they do I'll get one too :ninja: I already own the older 1601 edition - I use it as a double check. One can never own enough books.

Archived