CoinPeople.com

Guess Who Bid $1200 on This Coin

jlueke

Just under! Owch that's gotta hurt.

I figured that would happen on this coin. I guess it's better this way, at least one stays within the budget. But I do wonder if the dynamics would be different wth floor versus floor bidder rather than book versus floor.

The number of times I've been out bid by $1, $5, or a single increment.......... Sometimes makes you wish you could be there in person, then again, there is the budget to consider. I struck out in Gemini again this year. I guess everything I'm interested in went for new record prices. Oh well.

The number of times I've been out bid by $1, $5, or a single increment.......... Sometimes makes you wish you could be there in person, then again, there is the budget to consider. I struck out in Gemini again this year. I guess everything I'm interested in went for new record prices. Oh well.

Was Gemini as bad as Triton? The material in gemini seemed even choicer.

I know one guy who bid on 17 lots on the Triton Boeotian material and he won just two small copper.

On the other hand that Robert Bruce went for a relatively low amount.

I avoid auctions because i get impulsive, and the budget goes out of the window. I'm exactly the same on ebay.

I know how you feel. My husband has banned me from ebay, because we all know that females have NO self control, so if I bid on anything, I will put us into bankruptcy. Not that I have ever bought anything for over 20 bucks on there, but there is always the chance. Of course....what he don't know don't hurt him, right! lol! :ninja:

I know how you feel. My husband has banned me from ebay, because we all know that females have NO self control, so if I bid on anything, I will put us into bankruptcy. Not that I have ever bought anything for over 20 bucks on there, but there is always the chance. Of course....what he don't know don't hurt him, right! lol!  :ninja:

It's not just females that have no self control, both my father and i have no control whatsoever. I can't tell you them amount of junk i've bought over the years that i never really wanted let alone needed. I just like spending money... lots of money, even money i don't have! ;)

It really makes me laugh! His toys cost ALOT more then mine, (he's a farmer, so his toys are trucks, tractors, and guns.) but I am the one who is going to get us into financial trouble! Silly man! lol! (present company excluded under that silly man comment! lol!)

Big toys indeed! :ninja:

BTW, here is another question from someone who knows nothing about this sort of thing. What is a Gemini and a Triton?  :ninja:

Coin auctions.

Welcome, you'll get used to the lingo in no time.

Archived