CoinPeople.com

Russian imperial coinage Authenticity questions

Hello, I am relatively new to collecting Russian imperial coinage and was wondering the authenticity and if the coins would be worth purchasing or not, they  include a 1740 Moscow mint Tsarina Anna 1 ruble, 1748 St. Petersburg mint Tsarina  Elizaveta, 1757 Moscow mint Tsarina  Elizaveta, 1828 St. Petersburg mint Tsar Nicholas I, 1831 St. Petersburg mint Tsar Nicholas I, lastly 1876 St. Petersburg mint Tsar Alexander II. Thank You! 

IMG_1374.jpeg

Well, it's not really possible to guarantee authenticity based on these images, but none of these coins set off alarm bells in my head.  I would be more worried about the source of these coins if I was considering buying them. There's plenty of people these days that will post pictures of good coins online but will you get them if you pay?  Be sure to deal with reputable sellers is my best advise...

18 hours ago, alexbq2 said:

Well, it's not really possible to guarantee authenticity based on these images, but none of these coins set off alarm bells in my head.  I would be more worried about the source of these coins if I was considering buying them. There's plenty of people these days that will post pictures of good coins online but will you get them if you pay?  Be sure to deal with reputable sellers is my best advise...

Hello,Thanks for the advice again, I was just wondering which one of the coins you would recommend I purchase. Thank You so much! 

9 hours ago, NumismaticbakerAB said:

Hello,Thanks for the advice again, I was just wondering which one of the coins you would recommend I purchase. Thank You so much! 

That's a very personal decision. I would say that you should buy only coins that will bring you joy when you look at them. But I would say that the price should also be fair, so I would take that into consideration. Personally, I like the looks of the 1740 1R, but I would want to see higher resolution photos. 1757 is scarcer of the lot.  1831 has potential to be in an attractive grade, but again it's hard to tell from these photos.

8 hours ago, alexbq2 said:

That's a very personal decision. I would say that you should buy only coins that will bring you joy when you look at them. But I would say that the price should also be fair, so I would take that into consideration. Personally, I like the looks of the 1740 1R, but I would want to see higher resolution photos. 1757 is scarcer of the lot.  1831 has potential to be in an attractive grade, but again it's hard to tell from these photos.

Thank you for the recommendations these are some close ups of the coins,  what would be a good price to pay (the 1757 is the most expensive being $530.00 USD the rest are all in the $200-500.00 dollar range. Thanks for all the help!

17 hours ago, NumismaticbakerAB said:

Thank you for the recommendations these are some close ups of the coins,  what would be a good price to pay (the 1757 is the most expensive being $530.00 USD the rest are all in the $200-500.00 dollar range. Thanks for all the help!

Please take a look at this website for the pricing comparisons - https://www.m-dv.ru/en/

• 4 months later...