CoinPeople.com

I found an (I hope) unusual nickel

CJH

IMG_0363.JPGIMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0355 (640x480).jpg

No, it has a mint mark. Just the wrong one! As I said, in a 1970 uncirculated mint set, the blue one, from Philly, has all the coins you would expect: 1c with no mint mark; 1c with an S mint mark; the dime, quarter and 1/2 d all have the P. The Jefferson nickel has an S mint mark. All still in original US Mint plastic. Comments please. Do they (the grading companies) grade the set in plastic? Thanks. Still working on pic. I am reading how to upload now. CJ

Ha! Sorry for misreading! Anywho, that's quite the find! Yes, companies do grade these (they take them out of the plastic and remount it). Unless you detect signs of tampering, I think you should send it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I am not so sure this is any kind of find though. I bought another 1970 unc set on auction and that one too had an 's' mint mark on the nickel in the Philly pack. So..... Anyone else have a 1970 unc set? What does your nickel show? Thank you in advance; please look and let me know. CJ

• 2 weeks later...