CoinPeople.com

Hi All

Hello everyone,

I am mainly a stamp collector from Malta but have recently started a coin collection. I am particularly interested in the euro coins especially the 2 euro commemorative coins.

I look forward to meet other collectors on this forum with the same collecting interests.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome. I like the 2 Euro commemorative coins too. Started a collection when they were new but it started to get way too expensive for me here in the US.

Hi

I understand that it is getting too expensive to collect them especially since you are from the US. In fact even here in Europe it is not easy to get hold of all the commemorative coins as they are issuing quite a lot. Also with certain countries such as the Vatican it is extremely difficult to obtain the coins unless you purchase them from a dealer.

Hey belti. My brother-in-law is from Malta. I've never visited but he and his family make it over every couple of years. I've seen tons of pictures and video and it seems to be a beautiful and friendly place with so much history.

Hi Dalek

Thank you very much for your message. Well if you like history, I would definitely recommend you would visit Malta one day, as there are a lot of historical places to see. Originally, I am from Valletta, the capital city which has a lot if historical sites to see. Also one good thing about Malta is that since it is a very small island, you get to see most of it as distances from one place to another is relatively short, perhaps a 10-15 minute drive.