CoinPeople.com

Paul Pry medal

It is BHM#1418 by T. Halliday, listed as WM. N.

The Paul Pry was first issued on 21st Feb. 1830 and ran till the 13th Mar. 1831, when it merged with The Intelligence, which only lasted till July 24th the same year, 1831. Both newspapers were owned by the same person.

1830 figures for total number Government stamps issued for London newspapers.
*Paul Pry and Intelligence.......99,718. * = same owner.
cost, Intelligence 222 pounds, 5 shillings, Paul Pry 23 pounds, 12 shillings and 6 pence.

This is my example, which I acquired in 2008 and your post prompted me to finally take some pictures of it, thanks.

DSCF3453-horz.jpg

The Paul Pry was named for a theatrical character, who was always poking his nose into other people's business. There are many cartoons of the character & some tokens. Here is one token that, again, I had not got around to taking pics until your post, so thanks again!

DSCF3487-horz.jpg

O. Figure of Paul Pry, with Eye Glasses in left Hand, and an Umbrella under right Arm, "Just drop't in Hope I don't intrude" his catch phrase.
T.W.I. below

R. A Crown, within a Wreath of Roses, Thistles, and Shamrocks. Batty #2467, not listed in gilt(though #2470 with different reverse is)
22mm by Thomas Wells Ingram.
800px-John_Liston_as_Paul_Pry_circa_1825
"John Liston as Paul Pry circa 1825" by Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington, DC (Julie Ainsworth, photographer) - http://luna.folger.edu/luna/servlet/s/8390c7 (stable URL for high-resolution zoomable version). Licensed under CC BY 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:John_Liston_as_Paul_Pry_circa_1825.jpg#/media/File:John_Liston_as_Paul_Pry_circa_1825.jpg