CoinPeople.com

Possibly Extremely rare 1973 Quarter. (This is no ordinary 1973 quarter)

harrym

I recently found an incredibly odd quarter when searching through my coins. It is a 1973 D Washington quarter in a reasonably well preserved condition. However the letter 'R' is engraved on Washington's head. Now I've scoured the internet to try and identify this quarter, but so far I've found no match. This leads me to believe I'm in possession of an extremely rare quarter. Ill attach images. I just need help identifying and getting the possible worth of this quarter. Thanks!

IMG_2164 (1).JPG

IMG_2166 (1).JPG

It's an "R" that has been punched into the head. I've seen many coins with this type of marking.

• 4 years later...
On 12/31/2014 at 1:49 AM, harrym said:

I recently found an incredibly odd quarter when searching through my coins. It is a 1973 D Washington quarter in a reasonably well preserved condition. However the letter 'R' is engraved on Washington's head. Now I've scoured the internet to try and identify this quarter, but so far I've found no match. This leads me to believe I'm in possession of an extremely rare quarter. Ill attach images. I just need help identifying and getting the possible worth of this quarter. Thanks!

IMG_2164 (1).JPG

IMG_2166 (1).JPG

I haveĀ  a 1973 quater how much is it worth

15746404317602420769720247121376.jpg

15746404773023573995401072672313.jpg