CoinPeople.com

Database error

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code: 
Date: Thursday 16th of June 2005 10:07:43 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

---------------------------

I got this error after reading a PM and then clicking the link to the index page at the left hand side of the screen, where it says:

> CoinPeople.com > etc...

I haven't clicked the "here" yet, will do that now.

Well, brought me back to the index page :ninja:

So, it's mainly FYI I think...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another one, I got it when trying to post in the "anser a question, ask a question" thread.

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

Error Returned

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
mySQL error code: 
Date: Wednesday 06th of July 2005 10:14:08 AM

Got this about 10 min ago:

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

Error Returned

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
mySQL error code: 
Date: Wednesday 06th of July 2005 10:14:03 AM

--end of error

-Bobby

Actualy browsed to this forum to post the error when I saw trantors post. If I get anymore Ill post 'em up.

I can deal with regualar reboots, as long as they are schedualed so we know what is going on and can know we just need to give it a minute to come back up.

Thanks for all your work akdrv, You are indeed a great guy for all the work put into this site. I bet is fun :ninja: (cuz Im a tech nerd)

-Bobby

I can deal with regualar reboots, as long as they are schedualed so we know what is going on and can know we just need to give it a minute to come back up.

It would be ideal if reboots were scheduled. Unfortunately it's out of my control. :ninja:

The hosting company was having problems with the server load a few days ago, but it looks like they resolved it and the server is perfroming much better.