CoinPeople.com

Baseball Hall of Fame Gold shipping?

Pcunix

My order has been sitting at 6/30 for weeks but today they hit my credit card for the gold BHOF's and the status has suddenly changed to "In stock and reserved" - I hope that means they are shipping soon!

It probably means they're shipping. Good luck with it.

Update: checked again and my gold order 42927xxx, which hit my credit card on the 28th, was shipped today, June 3rd.

Neat. Have you been watching the prices on these little beauties in the PCGS/NGC holders on ebay?

Neat. Have you been watching the prices on these little beauties in the PCGS/NGC holders on ebay?

No, I have looked now and then but I'm not planning on selling my three, so I haven't paid close attention. Everyone says they will drop after this wave - I'm sure they will dip some, but I'm not so sconvinced that they'll go to the cellar as some insist.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my clad proof this week. Looks great. No change to my silver/gold order. Both say they will ship the middle of July now.

I'm 100% sure these will not hit the cellar. Why? I'm seeing on the trading card forums I frequent people who have never bought a coin in their life buying these. If we bought them.....and they want them....well...... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Proof and Unc versions of both the clad and silver BHOF coins in April, haven't received any yet; the Mint keeps updating the statuses of the coins in the order, but so far only the Proof half dollar is listed as shipped. I also got the "reserved and in stock" treatment, lol.

I chose to get both finishes because the Uncirculated issues invariably have lower mintages and become desirable down the road, but I can't help but find the Proof more attractive.

I bought the Proof and Unc versions of both the clad and silver BHOF coins in April, haven't received any yet; the Mint keeps updating the statuses of the coins in the order, but so far only the Proof half dollar is listed as shipped. I also got the "reserved and in stock" treatment, lol.

I chose to get both finishes because the Uncirculated issues invariably have lower mintages and become desirable down the road, but I can't help but find the Proof more attractive.

I'm with you on the proof vs Unc. situation. I've actually profited better on Unc coins from the Mint on a number of occasions .

I'm with you on the proof vs Unc. situation. I've actually profited better on Unc coins from the Mint on a number of occasions .

Agreed, Art. I gladly paid more for the Uncirculated 1997 Jackie Robinson commem than I did for the Proof. Makes sense when the latter had a mintage over 100,000, and the Unc was just over 30,000.