CoinPeople.com

Norwegian Kroner

I am sorry, but I thought the Norwegian Krone were still legal tender (though I could be mistaken). The banknotes have issues as recent as 2009, as well. NOK are also still traded on the currency exchange. That said, depending on the actual condition of the note, it could be worth anywhere from about 6.5 euro (being the face value) to 20 euro.

If you can post a photo or scan of the note, it will be easier to determine a collectible premium on the note for you.

And, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the clarification! I do not have much information on Norwegian banknotes and have not had much luck verifying demonetization information on that year. However, the pricing is still within the current exchange rate to about 20 euro depending on condition. In fact, if the note is in UNC condition, it is currently commanding an even higher rate, but I am assuming that it is from circulation.

A photo would help to determine, but you could likely walk it into any local coin shop and at least get the current face value (regardless of its legal status).

The series which the 1983 note belongs to became non-legal tender in 2012, eleven years after it was withdrawn. The central bank are no longer obliged to exchange it and probably won't make a special exception for such a low value. This is assuming it's the more recent one featuring Aasmund Olavsson Vinje, the 50kr note featuring Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson stopped being eligible for exchange in 1999.

I have one of each of the 50 Kroner notes, Aasmund Olavsson Vinje (1985) and Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson (1983) both of which are in excellent condition. I hesitate to say mint because as a complete novice I have no idea what that classification would require. I do have images of both, attached.

1983 50Krone.JPG

1985 50Krone.JPG