CoinPeople.com

Numismatic Auction Database at rnumis

Hi all - I've made available the rnumis database of numismatic auctions. You can find it here:

http://www.rnumis.com/rnumis_auctions_0.php

There are just over 2,700 different auctions, broken down by Country and Auction House.

Also, all of the Heidelberg links (more than 200) are there for the 1930-1945 German auctions. See the Henry Seligman sales for example.

I use this interface every day, and find it the most helpful for navigating the pre-1945 Sales. A lot of information is clearly still missing and this is definitely an evolving product. It is also somewhat customized to my needs.

That said, I hope that other people may find it a useful reference tool.

:art:

Steve

Hi all - I've made available the rnumis database of numismatic auctions. You can find it here:

http://www.rnumis.com/rnumis_auctions_0.php

There are just over 2,700 different auctions, broken down by Country and Auction House.

Also, all of the Heidelberg links (more than 200) are there for the 1930-1945 German auctions. See the Henry Seligman sales for example.

I use this interface every day, and find it the most helpful for navigating the pre-1945 Sales. A lot of information is clearly still missing and this is definitely an evolving product. It is also somewhat customized to my needs.

That said, I hope that other people may find it a useful reference tool.

:art:

Steve

Very nice, Steve ... thanks! :bthumbsup:

Thanks everyone!

I should also point out that I've added a number of Prices Realized lists that I've transcribed into a standard format. These are downloadable and searchable PDFs provided 'as is' for your own research and reference.

See for example:

http://www.rnumis.com/rnumis_auctions_0.php?apgtyp=apgtyp_house&house=HESS-LEU&acountry=Switzerland

In this format, all lots are shown, including those that didn't sell. The source could be an actual Prices Realized list in my library, or could be handwritten prices in an actual old catalog.

The transcription process is actually very time consuming so the number of PDFs available will likely grow quite slowly. At this time there are 26 available including:

• CNG - Regular Sales 40,64,67,69,70,73,76 - USA
  • CNG - Triton Sales I,II,III,IV,VI,IX,XI - USA
  • Freeman & Sear - #8 (2003) - USA
  • Adolph Hess - 178 (1924) - Germany
  • Hess-Leu - 27 (1964) & 39 (1968) - Switzerland
  • Otto Helbing - 55 (1928) - Germany
  • Munzen & Medaillen (Basel) - 28,31,37,61 (Switzerland)
  • New York Sale - IX (2005) - USA
  • Renaissance - Russian Collection (2000) - USA
  • WAG Dombrowski Library (2013) - Germany

Some of these sales are very heavy in Russian material. I still have a number to work on but if anybody has any Prices Realized Lists they'd like to contribute for eventual transcription/posting, please email me scans. The older the sale the better :yes:

Thanks!

Steve