CoinPeople.com

Cataloguing Russian fake coins (counterfeits, fakes, imitation, fantasy, replica, copy, false) on OmniCoin.com

extant4cell

Guest rnsdb

gx, I'm really surprised at your comment. There's a whole sub forum on coinpeople Russian Coins Catalog Project to computerize Russian coins HERE You yourself started it in 2010 calling for a Wiki effort. The threads just died out and haven't had a post in a year and a half but the sub forum still sits there. Also, Isn't the forgery project which you contributed to IT related?

If the objective is to have this forum just for coin discussions apart from computerizing, petition the moderators to move rnsdb threads. Ex made the same mistake I did in putting his forgery IT computerization thread here rather than there, but nobody seems to mind that IT project in this forum,.

I had asked both moderators to do this shortly after the beginning, since there is a running fully operational system vs a wet dream in the Coin Catalog Project, but never heard back. Ex should ask for the same thing.

All of the things you called for in your Wiki Coin Catalog post are in the rnsdb database and 13 volunteer tasks, which makes your comment all the more astounding

As far as end user friendly, how would you know without trying it? Windows isn't particularly end user friendly but we all use it. In fact, few of the application programs we run every day are end user friendly

Let Wiki be the guiding light

Ron

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry Ron, I had it arguing with you and reading meaningless posts (in numismatic sense). People who involved themselves in the project need space to discuss running issues in a feel-good atmosphere without arguing with you. It is difficult to do so utilizing PMs only. I am going to open a new topic tomorrow just for that, please refrain from using it for your posts. You can open your own topic, and discuss your technical issues there if anyone will be interested. This is not a request you have to answer or reply to. Gxseries, is it possible to close this topic now, as I'd rather finish this conversation and start a new one? Thank you all.

Windows isn't particularly end user friendly but we all use it.

Huh??? :shock:

Guess I need to sell my shares of AAPL right away! :rofl:

AFAIK, Access is also the only program in the MS-Office suite which was never ported to Apple. If it is really so great and in-demand, I'm sure they would have done so by now.

Guest rnsdb

Bob, there's only 1 Access bought for every 100 Word/Excel. It's a pretty specialized area relative to Office applications. Given that Apple is only 6% of the PC market, the opportunity would have been tiny. MS probably figured the profit wasn't worth the development cost.

The fact that MS keeps enhancing Access with 2010 and 2013 indicates it's not in limited support mode. It should therefor be good enough for a Brekke/Severin/Harris reference and for determining requirements for something more cloud like and yet to be defined. But anything other than Access front end to a remote server would require professional developers who wouldn't touch it due to the tiny market and the fact that nobody would pay

Everybody talks about computerizing Russian numismatics but nobody seems to actually do it.

Let Wiki be the guiding light

Ron