CoinPeople.com

I think I've hit a brick wall...

gxseries

I got to a stage where I reckon I bought some of the tougher coins. Everything else is either not something that I'm after or the price is outrageous. Looking to get one of those circulated platinum coins but otherwise I feel that I bought almost everything that I wanted.

I think it's time for me to photograph everything that I have in my collection and sell off the duplicates - have been too busy going after bargains and not looking at what I have...

I know the feeling. Part of the problem is I have other hobbies going at the same time like my model railroad. I have to admit, it takes more and more time and interests and lately money. I kind of got to a point where I can't find easily affordable stuff with my coin/paper money interests though I did when a piece of paper in an auction(not fleeceBay) just yesterday. Been sort of a slow collecting several months for me. I also want a nice Massachusetts Pine Tree shilling - will have to sell off stuff to buy one though.

I find the urge to buy is always stronger than the urge to sell, even if that is now tempered by the higher prices & as a consequence of the more you have collected the less you need/want or can find etc. Buying comes pretty easy, photographing & posting somewhat less but the discipline needed to sort & sell duplicates is too hard.

I agree with const. I've never sold a coin myself. But I've also spent years trying to get a few key coins/notes and neglected other parts of my collection (type set)

gxseries

i tried to send you PM and was not able, it says that you are not accepting new messages?