CoinPeople.com

100 Rouble 1898 & 250 Rouble 1917 Uncirculated

jakeagusta

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have '2' 1898 Roubles both Uncirculated and as New. The serial Numbers end 361 & 362

I also have '36' Uncirculated 1917 '250' Roubles in Serial Number Order.

The Notes are unmarked and crisp. Almost New albeit they are 100+ years old.

Now I acquired these notes 12 years ago in a Basement in Afghanistan............Long Story................ These have been placed in an envelope and stored ever since.

What are you opinions ? Should they remain in the envelope and be forgotten about or are they worth any £'s amongst collectors ???

I have looked on eBay and prices vary, the difficulty I have is that these notes are untouched and in serial number order therefore slightly more desirable.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Jake

Managed to Scan the notes today.

It would appear that my Scanner has failed to scan the white part of the larger '1898' note ??? therefore I apologise now for the cropped image. I believe this to be :- World Paper Money Catalog number: P5b. ???

Scan.jpg

Scan1.jpg

These smaller 1917 Notes are in 'New' Condition. Total 36

Scan2.jpg

Zagorski 2007 gives a value of 12000 roubles (around 400 $) for 100 roubles 1898 Timashev sign *the rarest* in XF (ochi harasho), the highest grade, as this one. From my experience, for all the 100 roubles 1898, no mather the signature, it is in top 3 of quality i ever saw, and has a value of several hundred dollars.

The second note, from 1917, is common, even in UNC, and and it's about 20-30

Zagorski 2007 gives a value of 12000 roubles (around 400 $) for 100 roubles 1898 Timashev sign *the rarest* in XF (ochi harasho), the highest grade, as this one. From my experience, for all the 100 roubles 1898, no mather the signature, it is in top 3 of quality i ever saw, and has a value of several hundred dollars.

The second note, from 1917, is common, even in UNC, and and it's about 20-30

Thank you for your response.

I have always been curious about the notes and the value. Thank you for the informative information

• 2 weeks later...