CoinPeople.com

Macau coin help, please.

newbee

Hello All,

I am in need of some assistance, as previously noted i have inherited a few coins not limited to these. Though, these are the most interesting in my opinion. Like almost anyone else i have selected the 24k coins because i am interested in their value and a little history, and above all why is it almost impossible to find another collection like this one? I know that macau belonged to Portugal and was allowed to seperate. Then Japan took over and now is concidered the worlds "Las Vegas" in terms of gambling and what not. Im not a historian by any means but this is what i could dig up. I find it improbable that someone would put a 24k gold collection in a cartboard box with a plastic framed shadow box, could they be fake. Thank you for the help.

Macau1.jpg macau2.jpg

macau3.jpg macau4.jpg

They're regular circulation (pocket change) coins in mint condition that were gold plated.

BTW, Japan never had control of Macau, even during WWII - where it essentially acted as the Switzerland of the Pacific theatre in terms of being a netural place that was likely used by one or both sides for money laundering, etc.