CoinPeople.com

Hello All just checking in

Well hello all,

Bit of a background from me I recieved my first few coins from my father upon his death (some normal old coins) and have started collecting more since then. Will upload some pictures later on of my current collection nothing majorly impressive but still fun.

Bit about myself now I'm from the Uk, just left university and going looking for work in spare time I love motorcycles and riding my bike.

However being a bit sly there is one question I'm wondering about I've got over a 1000 odd coins from so many different countries (I don't just collect one country anymore), however at the moment they are stored in money bags (not good for the coins I know) so after a better way of storing them any ideas out there.

Oh and I'll upload few pictures later.

Nice site you have here enjoy chatting more in time to come.

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. As you'll see we have a few members from the UK and hopefully other's that you'll come to be friends with.

Best

Welcome. One link to storage supplies: http://www.lindner-usa.com/

Its not a recommendation for any specific method, just a place to start your thinking. The link is to the US site, but I believe Linder is a German company. A collection of common world coins would likely lend itself to three-ring binders. More valuable pieces would probably be better off with more formal stoarge methods. As you learn more about your interests, the value of your coins or the type of material you want to collect, preservation and conservation, etc., you will develop your own preferences. I keep my material in archival flips and storage boxes. That is not the most convient method of looking at the material, but I keep mine in storage and pull out selected pieces when I'm engaged in research and writing. If I was more inclined to showing my collection, then I would opt for the binder or album method where I could pull them out for viewing when desired. I do have display cases in my house for my art medals so they can be viewed by visitors and I encourage them to open the drawers to see what else is in the cases. These are art medals that are intended to be displayed and handled.

So, there is no one answer to your question, but you should find many ideas looking around this site.

Hello All again,

Apologize for the size of the items.

Thank you for the welcome and advice from bill regarding the storage of the coins as I promised here are a few pictures of my little collection (some of the special ones to me not all of them as don't want to post the rarer more expensive coins). Also included two what I believe to be russian notes/bonds anyone know anything about them :?:

*The coins in the big picture are including these others below, they include canadian dollars, silver crowns and other commeroative coins. None of the items that I've purchased have gone over £5 in price to myself.

P1020100.jpg

P1020102.jpg

P1020099.jpg

P1020103.jpg

P1020110.jpg

P1020111.jpg

P1020106.jpg

P1020116.jpg

Hi everybody, let me introduce myself my name is Mohamad Azmy, from Egypt 32 years old

I live in Port Said work in a hotel as an accountant my life with coins I thin like most of you when i was a kid my elder uncle especially gives me birthday gift it was five millimes or "Tahrifa" in Arabic

since that and I have a passion with coins and the stories behind.

I hope you accept me as a member and a friend

Hi everybody, let me introduce myself my name is Mohamad Azmy, from Egypt 32 years old

I live in Port Said work in a hotel as an accountant my life with coins I thin like most of you when i was a kid my elder uncle especially gives me birthday gift it was five millimes or "Tahrifa" in Arabic

since that and I have a passion with coins and the stories behind.

I hope you accept me as a member and a friend

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. I hope that you enjoy it here and find many friends.