CoinPeople.com

1997 series 50 DKK note. Worth more or face value?

Zloty

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post in the group. I would like to start off by saying that I am very interested in currencies and I keep up with exchange rates. Fortunately, I live in a place where I have physical access to all major currencies and bank accounts associated with those currencies. Yesterday, I made a withdrawal of 200 DKK. The bank gave me 4x50. The 50 DKK notes are the notes bearing the picture of Karen Blixen. I looked them up and these have been out of print since 2009. The notes are in obvious circulated condition. I would like to know if anyone knows whether or not these notes are worth more than face value. I thought I would at least try to see if they are. I hesitated to exchange them yesterday and I will hold onto them until I find out. But then I thought that bank probably wouldn't issue them to me if they are worth more than face value. But here I am asking if they are.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/dnastrand2/2012-03-09153204.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/dnastrand2/2012-03-09152431.jpg

2012-03-09 15-24-31-jpg(3).jpg

Alright the WPM is World Paper Money catalogue

UNC is Uncirculated condition, never in circulate - paper is clean and firm, without discoloratriation. Corners are sharp and square without any evidenve of rounding

Thanks Baxuss.

Ok, ccg, It's like, I figured if the bank gave them to me that they're probably face value. Just wanted to check anyway.

I had this same issue one time before. Back in the US, I remember going to the ATM. I think this was in like 2004. I pulled out $200. The ATM issued me some of the old US $20 bills, the 1985/1995 series looking bills. I remember calling my friend and talking about it, wondering if it was worth more than face value or if it still had any value. It was funny.

Ok, ccg, It's like, I figured if the bank gave them to me that they're probably face value. Just wanted to check anyway.

I had this same issue one time before. Back in the US, I remember going to the ATM. I think this was in like 2004. I pulled out $200. The ATM issued me some of the old US $20 bills, the 1985/1995 series looking bills. I remember calling my friend and talking about it, wondering if it was worth more than face value or if it still had any value. It was funny.

Zloty - just to clarify, I was only making a point in general* and was not inferring that you asked a "stupid question".

*The point being not to get your hopes up since some people get overly excited at anything older, and while there's always a possibility that one may have something rare, it's more like a lottery ticket than a sure thing. Happens most often when people come across German inflationary notes from the 1920s - it can be very hard to break the news that they're not valid or redeemable.

Archived