CoinPeople.com

Issue with IE9 and BanknoteBank

Dave

Just thought I'd through this out there - Had to get a new computer as my other one is showing signs of memory board failure (again!) and I bought a nice laptop this time. It has Google Chrome and IE9 installed. I stuck with IE and went forth with the new version. Unfortunately, in Banknote Bank, when I went to upload a new banknote, the Upload Images button was non responsive.... actually the Top image was removed from the browse slot and the other one did nothing. Nothing went on further.

So I tried Google Chrome and it went just fine. So if you upgraded to IE9 and are having issues - it's likely just IE9.... who would have thought that Microsoft would put out a less than effective product?

Sadly, I can't bash IE too much. I'm facebook friends with the inventor and he's a big donor/trustee at my alma mater.

But, let's just say, I strongly prefer Safari and I'm very disappointed work will never progress IE7.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, have you tried hitting the "compatibility view" button in IE9? It could be that something on the banknotebank site has been coded for prior IE compatibility, which actually breaks with the more standard IE9. You might check it.

Dave

Archived