CoinPeople.com

What is this gold coin?

fmatos

Hi,

i have this coin, but I don't know anything abou it, I'm looking for inormation about this coin.

The country, the date, the value, can someone give me any description abou this coin?

Is this a rare coin? How much does it value?

THANKS

8A.jpg

8R.jpg

Looks very similar to the Eygptian 5 pound coin of 1960 depicting the Answan Dam but the script is different.

What is the composition and diameter of the coin?

Looks very similar to the Eygptian 5 pound coin of 1960 depicting the Answan Dam but the script is different.

What is the composition and diameter of the coin?

the diameter of the coin is 23mm, e just know the coin is gold. What do you mean with the composition?

Best regards

the diameter of the coin is 23mm, e just know the coin is gold. What do you mean with the composition?

Best regards

By composition I mean what kind of metal is it made of. Being 23mm is it light in the hand or heavy for it's size. Possibly could this coin be made of brass or copper alloy of some sort giving the gold color?

After further research I believe this coin to be an Egyptian 1 pound gold coin dated 1960 depicting the Aswan Dam. Cataloged as a KM401 in the Standard Catalog of World Coins. The gold value far outweighs the numistic value. At current gold prices this coin if authentic should value around $350+ in US dollars.

Hope this helps.

Archived