CoinPeople.com

1898 O Error

jchew

I just bought a 1898 O Morgan Silver Dollar and just wanted to find out if this is an error? I am getting ready to list it on eBay and was taking pictures and wanted to show the O better. Zoomed in and all the O's from this year I found are not tilted... If this is an error does that mean anything different then if not? I can post pictures of the full coin if you care to see it but have only listed the letter picture right now. I think it's grade would be MS something? 63... not really a grader!

Thanks for any and all help.

p.s. anytime I've been to New Orleans I have always left a little tilted :ninja: so it's kind of funny.

2-2.jpg

I Just found this old coin as well. 1921 D. did any of those get double stamped? the 1 looks strange to me. It is late but just wanted to double check. Thanks again.

2-3.jpg

I just bought a 1898 O Morgan Silver Dollar and just wanted to find out if this is an error? I am getting ready to list it on eBay and was taking pictures and wanted to show the O better. Zoomed in and all the O's from this year I found are not tilted... If this is an error does that mean anything different then if not? I can post pictures of the full coin if you care to see it but have only listed the letter picture right now. I think it's grade would be MS something? 63... not really a grader!

Thanks for any and all help.

p.s. anytime I've been to New Orleans I have always left a little tilted ;) so it's kind of funny.

:ninja:

You will find this link helpful ... look at VAM's after (and including) VAM 10, several of them look like your "O":

http://www.vamworld.com/1898-O+VAMs

I Just found this old coin as well. 1921 D. did any of those get double stamped? the 1 looks strange to me. It is late but just wanted to double check. Thanks again.

Have fun with this extensive list:

http://www.vamworld.com/1921-D+VAMs

It would be a variety since it the mint mark is added to the die as a separate punch. Error is incorrect use of numismatic terminology.

Archived