CoinPeople.com

Unknown Russian Token

Rhino

Anyone know what this token is? Or even what it says in Russian on one of the sides, or what this is commemorating? I can read "na tya gospodi" but the rest is difficult. Any ideas? I see the monograms of Nicholas I and Alexander II side by side, and an all seeing eye above the two... any connection to the dates?

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

:ninja:

Anyone know what this token is? Or even what it says in Russian on one of the sides, or what this is commemorating? I can read "na tya gospodi" but the rest is difficult. Any ideas? I see the monograms of Nicholas I and Alexander II side by side, and an all seeing eye above the two... any connection to the dates?

A decoration for the participants of the Crimean War. Sigi

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

Home > IMPERIAL RUSSIA > Russian Military Medals and Awards

Most Recently Viewed Items: Select from history Medal for the War of 1853-1856 (Crimean War), in d Show All Items in History

http://www.sovietmedals.com/DISPITEM.HTM?item=20006

Medal for the War of 1853-1856 (Crimean War), in dark bronze.

Obverse shows monograms of the two emperors, Nicholas I and Alexander II. Outstanding, excellent condition. Comes with recent St. Vladimir ribbon mounted on Soviet suspension device.

Est. 1856, this medal was officially known in Russia as the Medal for the Eastern War. The dark bronze medal was awarded to all military ranks who served during the time of the Crimean War but did not take part in combat. It was also issued for making large monetary contributions for the war effort and for donating to the families of servicemen killed or wounded in action.

/See Dimitri Romanov, "The Orders, Medals and History of Imperial Russia", pp. 174-175/

$120.00

Home > IMPERIAL RUSSIA > Russian Military Medals and Awards

Most Recently Viewed Items: Select from history Medal for the War of 1853-1856 (Crimean War), in d Show All Items in History

http://www.sovietmedals.com/DISPITEM.HTM?item=20006

Obverse shows monograms of the two emperors, Nicholas I and Alexander II. Outstanding, excellent condition. Comes with recent St. Vladimir ribbon mounted on Soviet suspension device.

Est. 1856, this medal was officially known in Russia as the Medal for the Eastern War. The dark bronze medal was awarded to all military ranks who served during the time of the Crimean War but did not take part in combat. It was also issued for making large monetary contributions for the war effort and for donating to the families of servicemen killed or wounded in action.

/See Dimitri Romanov, "The Orders, Medals and History of Imperial Russia", pp. 174-175/

$120.00

Thanks. That explains the medal well... but what is it really worth? I don't have any catalogs about medals, and I don't want to assume that the price that the website set at $120 is right, it might just be the site looking to make a profit. Anyone know the real catalog value?

Thanks. That explains the medal well... but what is it really worth? I don't have any catalogs about medals, and I don't want to assume that the price that the website set at $120 is right, it might just be the site looking to make a profit. Anyone know the real catalog value?

I don't have a catalog price and unless it is a catalog of a very recent sale it would undoubtedly be obsolete. For whatever it's worth, here is one of these medals on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Imperial-Russia-Medal-...6-/200389403120

Thanks for clearing up! :ninja:

What do you think it is worth?

in my opinion, the medal shown by Rhino is $40.00 or less in such condition ;)

Archived