CoinPeople.com

2010 RCM box of 1 cent coins...

I purchased 2 boxes of pennies from a local bank today. I did not open the boxes before I returned home as I deal with this bank regularly and have never had a issue with them. When I got home I noticed that one of the boxes I got was sealed with the RCM paper seal still intact. I opened it up and sure enough...50 rolls of 2010 cents in the clear mint wraps. Not what I wanted as I was looking for rolls for Coin roll hunting. Ahh well I thought. I checked each roll with a magnet. No Magnetic Coins. Sigh!

Is there any other errors, varieties or whatever that I should look for with 2010 Canada cents? If Not I will leave them sealed and keep a few rolls for myself and return them for a different box on Saturday.

Thank you for any info.

cladhunter13

• 3 weeks later...

[ Ahh well I thought. I checked each roll with a magnet. No Magnetic Coins. Sigh!

Is there any other errors, varieties or whatever that I should look for with 2010 Canada cents? If Not I will leave them sealed and keep a few rolls for myself and return them for a different box on Saturday.

Thank you for any info.

cladhunter13

Hi Clad Hunter As far as I know, from what the Mint has put out info wise, all 1 cent coins are suppose to be made from steel planchets.

THe mint says they changed to a steel cent ( 94% steel, 1.5% nickle, 4.5% copper plated zinc) in 2000. But there are relatively few coins that are metal the first couple of years & then most pennies were coming out made of steel. But I keep reading in the Coin News, of people finding copper plated zinc cents (non magnetic) right up until recently.

Today I see your post & you say you have a box of nonmagnetic 2010's. This is the first I've heard of that for 2010.

• 2 months later...

Hi Clad, how are things going over @ coin community? Wish they didnt kick me, but, its ok, whatever. Anyways, Happy Hunting. Cheers!

Archived