CoinPeople.com

1846 Poltina (50 Kopek) - Edge Concern

Rhino

Came across this 1846 Poltina. Is it authentic? What concerns me is the edge, the fact that the inscription seems uneven and rough. But then, I don't have any silver coins from this era so I am not sure if this is standard for mid-1800's Russia. These are seller pictures, all I have so far. If it is authentic, what would a fair price be, considering it has some good, visible wear? My Bitkin is from 2003, and not sure how much that wear affects the value.

18462.jpg

18461.jpg

18463.jpg

18464.jpg

:ninja:

Came across this 1846 Poltina. Is it authentic? What concerns me is the edge, the fact that the inscription seems uneven and rough. But then, I don't have any silver coins from this era so I am not sure if this is standard for mid-1800's Russia. These are seller pictures, all I have so far. If it is authentic, what would a fair price be, considering it has some good, visible wear? My Bitkin is from 2003, and not sure how much that wear affects the value.

look, this coin if genuine is not in collectible condtition, just ignore it, and find something better for your money :ninja:

look, this coin if genuine is not in collectible condtition, just ignore it, and find something better for your money :ninja:

The coin is in collectable condition for me, since I do not think I can afford one in an XF or aUNC like I want to, so I would be happy to have the one I posted pictures of. But I first want to make sure it is real, and what I should be paying for it in its current condition ;)

this coin has no its own color but propably was put in iodine to get some patine because of poor condition ;)

In my opinion it is genuine and worth $100-$150 even in this condition. And it is not so easy to find any of this type (MW) in XF or better, even that 1846MW is the most common year. And for XF one should be prepared to pay in the range of $500-$1000.

Archived