CoinPeople.com

Help Please---West Geman Silver JFK Medal?

I was wondering if anyone has any information on this medal. It is stamped 1000 and a Halfmoon shaped mint mark. Also on the bottom of the front is marked V.G. . It measures 2-3/4" x 3/16th" . Weight: 3.5 - 4oz. It was in an envelope stamped West Germany. There was another paper with it, but it was too damaged to be able to read. If you have any information on this, history, value, or anything, please let me know. Thank you, Kevin

ubercatt@gmail.com

JFK_German_Front_sm.jpg

JFK_German_Back_sm.jpg

From what you've provided, it appears to be a pure silver commemorative medallion of JFK's assassination, made in West Germany.

Given that it appears to be privately made, it is technically of no value to a coin collector (unless the designer was a very well known artist).

Assuming a weight of 3.5 ozt, it's be worth about $60 as scrap silver.

There have been many souvenir silver medals / medallions issued in the 1960s and 1970s as they were popular then (collecting fad) but most of them today are generally traded for the value of their silver only.

This one is slightly more interesting since some people collect JFK memorabilia.

If this was my piece, I would take any offer over $70 immediately, and if not, I would consider any $60-65 offers.

From what you've provided, it appears to be a pure silver commemorative medallion of JFK's assassination, made in West Germany.

Given that it appears to be privately made, it is technically of no value to a coin collector (unless the designer was a very well known artist).

Assuming a weight of 3.5 ozt, it's be worth about $60 as scrap silver.

There have been many souvenir silver medals / medallions issued in the 1960s and 1970s as they were popular then (collecting fad) but most of them today are generally traded for the value of their silver only.

This one is slightly more interesting since some people collect JFK memorabilia.

If this was my piece, I would take any offer over $70 immediately, and if not, I would consider any $60-65 offers.

Great! Thank you for the information. I really appreciate your help.

Kevin

Archived