CoinPeople.com

Isle of Man 20 th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall Palladium 1 Oz. 999

davidke

A great new Palladium coin at market

ISLE OF MAN 1 CROWN

"20 th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall"

First Day: Oct. 2009

1 Oz. Palladium 999 Proof

Diameter: 32, 70 mm

Mintage: 1000 pieces

comes with lovely presentation box and COA

Mint: Pobjoy Mint

It's a Legal Tender Coinage and an official issue by the Isle of Man Government

The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 was one of the pivotal events of the 20th century. A symbol of division and mistrust, its fall not only hastened the reunification of Germany but ushered in a new era of peace and democracy throughout Europe. Now, to celebrate the historic 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Isle of Man has issued a stunning new commemorative coin. It depicts a portion of the Berlin Wall which has been torn down to reveal the Brandenburg Gate, a symbol of Berlin’s resurrection. Best of all, the precious metal coin is displayed in a custom presentation case along with a genuine piece of the original Berlin Wall.

berlin_wall_coin_packaging_klein.jpg

Ok, maybe it's just me, but it seems like if there's anybody who's going to be issuing a coin to commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall, it should be Germany.

Not to be a party pooper, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released a coin to commemorate a particularly powerful sneeze the Queen had last week.

Not to be a party pooper, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released a coin to commemorate a particularly powerful sneeze the Queen had last week.

Aye, it was a big one! Worth a coin or two.

• 1 month later...

Archived