CoinPeople.com

5kop1766/5CM overdate (not in Bakken book)

sigistenz

I presented this coin a few weeks ago, but as it was lacquered, the details were less clear.

By soaking the coin in thinner, the lacquer could be affected, boiling in water& baking soda took away the remainders*).

I hope that my new pictures of the 1766/5 overdate are more convincing.

Now the coin is shut in a little wooden cheese box, together with a few matches.

The vapors inside are already beginning to produce a nice chocolate toning :ninja: Sigi

*) Still some dirt left as I see now on my picture ;)

5kop1766smover5.jpg

By sigistenz

I presented this coin a few weeks ago, but as it was lacquered, the details were less clear.

By soaking the coin in thinner, the lacquer could be affected, boiling in water& baking soda took away the remainders*).

I hope that my new pictures of the 1766/5 overdate are more convincing.

Now the coin is shut in a little wooden cheese box, together with a few matches.

The vapors inside are already beginning to produce a nice chocolate toning :ninja: Sigi

*) Still some dirt left as I see now on my picture ;)

Much clearer Sigi. Interesting, as it's not the usual kind of 1766/5CM overdate.

Best,

Steve

Much clearer Sigi. Interesting, as it's not the usual kind of 1766/5CM overdate.

Best,

Steve

As I only see now from my 900dpi picture, the edge has been overstruck(?) - let's say overmilled.

An earlier netting seems to be underlying (remainder of a 10kop1762(? ). :ninja: Sigi

Archived