CoinPeople.com

i need help with specimen Rwanda banknotes?!!!!!

beshergh

I can't really help, as I'm not into specimens. Come to think of it, while I have a fair collection of Rwanda notes, I can't remember seeing any specimen notes for sale even. However, I have seen in the SCWPM that they've listed under certain countries their 'collector series' banknotes in a seperate section. I've always assumed that these collector series notes were what you have refered to here. I've checked and the Rwanda listing in the catalog has no such collector series section.

Nice notes, though.

• 9 months later...

These specimens are the real specimens, which are sent to all central banks whenever a new type is issued, but -when you are in Kigali and go to the Central Bank, you can buy these specimens there...

Years ago I had a contact to a person working in the Central Bank of Rwanda. I sent him the money (face value) for one complete set, and he sent me the notes -but they were all specimen. They had not cost him anything and he had made good money...

I recently went to Kigali myself and could buy the specimens in quantity, at cheap prices...

Erwin

Archived