CoinPeople.com

Oversize banknotes

KevDownUnderInOz

Hi folks, while enduring the ongoing changover to mylar storage, a problem has arisen.

Normally hagner stock sheets are used here, I have never come across some of the other archival products I have seen mentioned here.

Some large German notes do not fit the largest 1 strip or pocket A4 size.

Is anyone able to suggest what to store large banknotes in and where to obtain them?

I also have some rather unmanageable tibetan scripts, possibly prayer sheets from the 1800's.

These are about 10cm x 60cm, they just have grease proof paper folded around them at the moment, I got it into my head that these were stored, wrapped in paper between 2 planks of wood and tied up.

Perhaps it is a good way to do it.

Kevin.

Kevin, I also have some of the very large German notes but mine do manage to fit in to ultra pro 1 pocket pages.

I would recommend getting your notes out of the greese proof paper. The best option i think you have is to go to an art store and get some photo holders they should come up to A3 or larger and they will be archival safe. If this fails at least get some archival paper to store your notes in until you get a better solution.

Kevin, I also have some of the very large German notes but mine do manage to fit in to ultra pro 1 pocket pages.

I would recommend getting your notes out of the greese proof paper. The best option i think you have is to go to an art store and get some photo holders they should come up to A3 or larger and they will be archival safe. If this fails at least get some archival paper to store your notes in until you get a better solution.

Thank you Boydle,

I have now found and seen these Ultra Pro pockets on ebay by an Australian vendor.

I should have them within a week. I managed to get ten for under $10 Au.

That's the German notes taken care of. :-)

Archived