CoinPeople.com

Lincoln Formative years ddrs

Mark Stilson

I've been following the news on the Lincoln Formative years double die reverses. Anyways I had bought one of the two roll sets. Decided to at least open the main box. Of course temptation strikes deep. Especially when I see a ddr-001 . (Extra thumb.) But its staying whole.

What varieties of DDR have been reported? I've managed to get my hands on probably 350+ from work by now (most of them were already broken so there's no worry about preserving them), and I'm thinking I should probably search them. The only one I know of is the second phantom thumb. Are there any other doubled spots to keep an eye out for?

Wow, I would bust those open. You can always get another roll of cents but you can't get one riddled with DDRs!

Missed the type. Looks like a 2009 1c FY WDDO-002

And the date on my box seems to be a good one. 4/27/09 But they are staying sealed. I bought them for the rolls

BTW here is a site with more info on them.

What varieties of DDR have been reported? I've managed to get my hands on probably 350+ from work by now (most of them were already broken so there's no worry about preserving them), and I'm thinking I should probably search them. The only one I know of is the second phantom thumb. Are there any other doubled spots to keep an eye out for?

See my other reply for types. The ones reported are Philadelphia mint.

Archived