CoinPeople.com

Vicky Golden Jubilee. Very Rare 1887

IMG_2513.jpgIMG_2509.jpg

I deliberately posted the reverse Ist so Queen Victoria could see what has been behind her all these years.

I like this one because of the imagery on the reverse, the stag in an enclosure is quite unusual on a Vicky medal, if not unique.

BHM# 3268. RR. AE 37mm not listed in WM. by Joseph Moore.

That I have to say is a superb example :ninja: it is a quite normal representation of the center of the Derby coat of arms though, just minus the oak trees LOL

coa.jpg

That I have to say is a superb example :ninja: it is a quite normal representation of the center of the Derby coat of arms though, just minus the oak trees LOL

Thanks for the image of the coat of arms. I just meant it was rare to see a reverse like that on a Queen Victoria's medal, normally they show a formal occasion or a very ornate design, to have wildlife even penned seemed unusual.

As to the medal, it does look better in the flesh so to speak, just hard to capture it well with the camera. I do have lots more Vickies just need some more motivation to post them.

Please post away I love royal medals, I have a few Victoria myself and a number from other royalty as well :ninja: I recieved a new one yesterday it That I am trying to figure out the date on LOL

Victoria_and_Albert_Polytechnic_Institution_London__a.JPG

Victoria_and_Albert_Polytechnic_Institution_London__b.JPG

Please post away I love royal medals, I have a few Victoria myself and a number from other royalty as well :ninja: I recieved a new one yesterday it That I am trying to figure out the date on LOL

1840 WM 28mm N (for normal rarity). by A. J. Stothard. BHM# 1917:

The building was opened in 1837 and this was probably struck in the institute for sale to visitors to commemorate Victoria's wedding to Albert in 1840. There is a picture from 1838 showing a screw press in the hall. These, struck on site medals, had to be made in soft metal so they would come up in a single stroke. (abridged by me from BHM)

Archived