CoinPeople.com

1720 Rouble

Prekol

What do you guys think fake or real???

fake, or "a cousin of Peter the Great", I am glad you place it in this section! :ninja:

http://www.sixbid.com/nav.php?p=viewlot&am...72&lot=8029

This one is a little bit better...

actually the portrait on the fake is not too bad. but still a definite fake.

read a message i sent you pls...

In no way was I suggesting the coin auctioned on Sixbid is less than a geniune coin.

It is the real deal. :ninja:

I hope that clears up any confusion about my comment. ;)

OK, prekol always place here prekol (joke) coins...

OK, prekol always place here prekol (joke) coins...

OK, sold for $330 plus $10 shipping, possible shield bidding from another bidder, so there is a chance that normal bidderwas not fulled and did not buy it but cheaters bought it back (possible) :ninja:

Research material is free on the internet.

Also, auction catalogs specializing in Russian coins are good references. Just looking at the photos, you will get a feel for what a genuine, old coin should look like, both high grade, and well circulated. You can subscibe to them from the auction house, or just buy a coin or two in you budget, and you get on the mailing list for free. Its a good way to start. :ninja:

Ebay is not a good reference for Russian coins, but It is the best place to find fakes.

Research material is free on the internet.

Also, auction catalogs specializing in Russian coins are good references. Just looking at the photos, you will get a feel for what a genuine, old coin should look like, both high grade, and well circulated. You can subscibe to them from the auction house, or just buy a coin or two in you budget, and you get on the mailing list for free. Its a good way to start. :ninja:

Ebay is not a good reference for Russian coins, but It is the best place to find fakes.

greediness a big factor for many in buying cheap fake coins thinking that they are genuine one's, what do yuo think?

Archived