CoinPeople.com

Large copper auction coming soon is postponed

one-kuna

Just received confirmation that scheduled for this June auction of T W Bakken Russian copper collection will be postponed to October, 2009 by Gorny & Oslo Mynthandel.

Just received confirmation that scheduled for this June auction of T W Bakken Russian copper collection will be postponed to October, 2009 by Gorny & Oslo Mynthandel.

Tom Willy Bakken wrote (and printed?) the last (1997) Brekke update. As he says in his book he was born in 1940. I sincerely hope that there is nothing wrong with him? Why would he sell his collection? Sigi :ninja:

Tom Willy Bakken wrote (and printed?) the last (1997) Brekke update. As he says in his book he was born in 1940. I sincerely hope that there is nothing wrong with him? Why would he sell his collection? Sigi :ninja:

Everything is OK with him. Even I have a corresondence with him, I got the news of selling his collection not from him but from Oslo Mynhandel firm. The reason of selling his collection is unknown to me but my best guess would be that he is preparing and working hard on his new book and he might need some funds for its publishing?

Everything is OK with him. Even I have a corresondence with him, I got the news of selling his collection not from him but from Oslo Mynhandel firm. The reason of selling his collection is unknown to me but my best guess would be that he is preparing and working hard on his new book and he might need some funds for its publishing?

Thank you, one-kuna! So he is indeed working at a new update as he had planned. :ninja:

...so he is indeed working at a new update as he had planned....

If so it's been a very long time coming. I was one of his editors on the 'update' more than 6 years ago. Haven't heard any more about it in quite some time.

The advertisement page from last auction catalog of Oslo Mynthandel shows him working on a front of his computer in his office room, then below two images with short descriptions : one is Avesta piatak 1764 both sides, 3 pieces known;

another one is 1789 Unique the second known specimen Bit 986 R4 H. 118 Br 84 Kv. 1/1+.

This coin came from pre-revolution 1917 collection of Lihachov (founder of Kazansky Museum) to B.Yusupov of Kazan (Author of the Russian coins catalog of 1995) to ...............coin dealer, into my collection.

The specimen in Uzdenikov catalog is from Koretzky collection (Moscow), which has vanished with no trace. Separately no one knows what happened to it. See transactions of the Moscow Numisamtic Society, vol II, 1901, p 347.

My observations on above advertisement from Oslo Mynthandel catalog:

*very short descrition on Avesta piataks, but it is given that it is a piatak.

*second coin - description does not name it at all, you need to take a look at picture and identify it yourself that it is DENGA 1789 AM ! or according reference number see the listed books.

Why is a piece called Unique if 3 pieces are known?

What is reference Kv. 1/1+ ? could be Kvitkov?

All folks name I left in as it is because they are all deceased (as I know) besides a "coin dealer".

Lickuly, I have transaction of the Moscow numismatic society from 1901 with article on Denga 1789 AM.

But let me read it first what it says.

Hope above data is of high interest (definitely for myself). :ninja:

The advertisement page from last auction catalog of Oslo Mynthandel shows him working on a front of his computer in his office room, then below two images with short descriptions : one is Avesta piatak 1764 both sides, 3 pieces known;

another one is 1789 Unique the second known specimen Bit 986 R4 H. 118 Br 84 Kv. 1/1+.

This coin came from pre-revolution 1917 collection of Lihachov (founder of Kazansky Museum) to B.Yusupov of Kazan (Author of the Russian coins catalog of 1995) to ...............coin dealer, into my collection.

The specimen in Uzdenikov catalog is from Koretzky collection (Moscow), which has vanished with no trace. Separately no one knows what happened to it. See transactions of the Moscow Numisamtic Society, vol II, 1901, p 347.

My observations on above advertisement from Oslo Mynthandel catalog:

*very short descrition on Avesta piataks, but it is given that it is a piatak.

*second coin - description does not name it at all, you need to take a look at picture and identify it yourself that it is DENGA 1789 AM ! or according reference number see the listed books.

Why is a piece called Unique if 3 pieces are known?

What is reference Kv. 1/1+ ? could be Kvitkov?

All folks name I left in as it is because they are all deceased (as I know) besides a "coin dealer".

Lickuly, I have transaction of the Moscow numismatic society from 1901 with article on Denga 1789 AM.

But let me read it first what it says.

Hope above data is of high interest (definitely for myself). :ninja:

read a short article from works of moscow numismatic society under RUSSIAN COIN ARTICLES ;)

Archived