CoinPeople.com

THE RED MINT IN MOSCOW, WHY IS RED, NOT KRASNIY

one-kuna

Krasniy, The Red Mint in Moscow (КРАСНЫЙ (КИТАЙСКИЙ) МОНЕТНЫЙ ДВОР В МОСКВЕ У КИТАЙГОРОДСКОЙ СТЕНЫ) is taken into English as RED, not Krasniy, which is its original russian name.

In Uzdenikov book, КРАСНЫЙ МОНЕТНЫЙ ДВОР В МОСКВЕ is translated into English as The Red Mint in Moscow,

however,

in parentessis, there is supplement with another name this Mint was known (КИТАЙСКИЙ) У КИТАЙГОРОДСКОЙ СТЕНЫ.

Now,

according to all logic for russians and foreigners,

if Krasniy Mint is the Red Mint from Russian to English to the most book authors and editors (including Uzdenikov)

so why KITAYSKIY BY THE KITAIGOROD WALL (КИТАЙСКИЙ У КИТАЙГОРОДСКОЙ СТЕНЫ)

NOT CHINESE?, Chinese Mint next to Chinese Wall? :ninja:

Krasniy, The Red Mint in Moscow (КРАСНЫЙ (КИТАЙСКИЙ) МОНЕТНЫЙ ДВОР В МОСКВЕ У КИТАЙГОРОДСКОЙ СТЕНЫ) is taken into English as RED, not Krasniy, which is its original russian name.

In Uzdenikov book, КРАСНЫЙ МОНЕТНЫЙ ДВОР В МОСКВЕ is translated into English as The Red Mint in Moscow,

however,

in parentessis, there is supplement with another name this Mint was known (КИТАЙСКИЙ) У КИТАЙГОРОДСКОЙ СТЕНЫ.

Now,

according to all logic for russians and foreigners,

if Krasniy Mint is the Red Mint from Russian to English to the most book authors and editors (including Uzdenikov)

so why KITAYSKIY BY THE KITAIGOROD WALL (КИТАЙСКИЙ У КИТАЙГОРОДСКОЙ СТЕНЫ)

NOT CHINESE?, Chinese Mint next to Chinese Wall? :ninja:

just to add that I am for using "Krasniy Mint" ;)

just to add that I am for using "Krasniy Mint" :ninja:

In that context Krasniy meant Pretty/Handsome/Beautiful not Red. So technically “Red Mint” is not a perfect translation. However, we’ve all accepted Red Square as the translation for “Krasnaya Ploshad’ ”. So I will accept the Red Mint.

In that context Krasniy meant Pretty/Handsome/Beautiful not Red. So technically “Red Mint” is not a perfect translation. However, we’ve all accepted Red Square as the translation for “Krasnaya Ploshad’ ”. So I will accept the Red Mint.

was the KRASNAYA PLOSHAD' diffucult to pronounce to foreigners so they turned it to the RED SQUARE which much easy to say :ninja:

Krasny Monetny Dvor u Kitaygorodskoy Steny is difficult to pronounce too. ;)

so because of this excuse now Krasniy mint becomes the Red one but funny

Kitay stays same as Kitay as no China/Chinese is direct translate from Russian into English...

there is no logic at all - the Red mint next to Kitaigorod Wall - that is soviet bull :ninja:

Archived