CoinPeople.com

Help with ID on this token

It is an advertising token for A.C. Weaver. They would have been handed to people (who looked likely to buy a suit) at train stations, squares etc where large groups of people were. With the aim to get them into the store and be able to sell them a suit. As to value, I would guess around $10, but that is a guess & could be totally wrong!

Up to July 1st 1914 it was worth a dollar, if you wanted to buy a Stein-Bloch suit from A.C.Weaver. It is in a very nice condition & very interesting. That token has outlasted the suits, that is the beauty of medals and tokens, history in your hands.

7f03_3.jpg

It is an American business token. I don't know these particular tokens and I am assuming it is from Lincoln, Nebraska, but the exact address would have to be verified. Unless there is something extremely rare about the token and the area has active collectors competing for the piece, I would guess a value of $5 to $20.

A.C. Weaver was in Lincoln Sq. New York. The Corner of Columbus Ave. & Broadway at 66th St. That is on the token.

And that explains Lincoln. I new catalog of Lincoln tokens is in the works and a number of pieces have been published in the TAMS Journal as the new work is being completed. When I have the strength to drag out a few issues, I'll see if there is more to add on this piece. I suspect it is a cataloged token.

I assume the number is a control number used to track where it was distributed, redeemed, etc. Similiar numbers appear on other tokens of this business type that I've seen elsewhere. Perhaps the particular manufacturer offered the serial numbering as a feature?

I assume the number is a control number used to track where it was distributed, redeemed, etc. Similiar numbers appear on other tokens of this business type that I've seen elsewhere. Perhaps the particular manufacturer offered the serial numbering as a feature?

Thank you :ninja:

Archived