CoinPeople.com

The buck starts here (the coins too)

Guest Stujoe

Stuff we already know

Some do, some don't. I found it interesting, even though I wonder how accurate the info in that article is if the author writes stuff like "By law, money cannot show a living person" ...

Christian

Guest Stujoe

I know that was written into the State Quarter law so maybe that is where he picked it up. I don't think there is any other law saying a living person can't be on US coins. If there is, it has been broken a few times on Commemoratives.

As an aside: I just post them when I find them whether I think most might know the info or not. :ninja:

I know that was written into the State Quarter law so maybe that is where he picked it up. I don't think there is any other law saying a living person can't be on US coins.

Ah, the part about the SQ law was news to me too, thanks ;) I do know of course that it is very uncommon to have living persons on US coins. Much of the information in that article will be old hats for many (especially US) collectors, but particularly for a "general public" newspaper article it had some interesting news.

As an aside: I just post them when I find them whether I think most might know the info or not. :ninja:

Perfectly fine with me. Sometimes I can tell from the headline which you post whether the article could be interesting. When I am in doubt, I just click the link. So as far as I am concerned, keep on doing it this way please :-)

Christian

Archived