CoinPeople.com

What is collecting coins about?

TreasureGirl

Aww, thanks.

I've actually got my old Beanie Babies from years ago in a refrigerator box in the other room and if I can manage to make any coin on them (not likely, otherwise I would have already) it will go straight to new coin! It's too bad, though - looking back at all those kitties makes me sad and wish I could keep them all but there's no way I can keep a refrigerator box worth of stuffed animals laying around the house. At least coins are compact.

Aww, thanks.

I've actually got my old Beanie Babies from years ago in a refrigerator box in the other room and if I can manage to make any coin on them (not likely, otherwise I would have already) it will go straight to new coin! It's too bad, though - looking back at all those kitties makes me sad and wish I could keep them all but there's no way I can keep a refrigerator box worth of stuffed animals laying around the house. At least coins are compact.

Stories are well said and thank you for sharing those lovely experiences.

To me collecting[whether it is in coin or paper],is part of my survival instinct. It allows me moment of escape and focus something else for a few hours which is a very good therapy.One day when this interests and focus are gone, I know my time is up......

Most of these are just made up reasons to explain something that is just nuts. We humans are not the only ones that collect STUFF. Many birds collect shinny things and don't know why, can't use them, can't spend them. Some rodents do this also. Obviously it is something that Darwin should have investigated as to a evolutionary throwback in our mentallity. It is not just coins, but almost anything we can get and hang on to. How many people have a house that is empty? How many people have a garage that is empty? Anyone have a cabinet, desk, bookcase, chest of drawers that is empty? Of course not. If there is room for something, us humans just have to put something there.

We collect coins, stamps, Beanie Babies, baseball/football cards, How wheel cars, full size cars, guns, knives, swords, spears and on and on and on and on. And with coins note how the Mint makes so many nice shinny ones. They know we are like crows and the shinnier a coin is the more we want it. And when we get it what do we do with it? Why we hide it so it doesn't get dirty. NUTS.

I've been coin collecting for well over 60 years so I'm really gone.

Archived