CoinPeople.com

Joan of Arc 1412-1431. Circa 1900

945131.jpg

-------Joan of Arc bust facing left. Rev. Domremy.Orleans.Rouen 1412-1431. Bronze 43mm by L.Chalin.Paris Circa 1900. Notice Joan is not named as such, but I assume any Frenchman or Frenchwoman would instantly recognise her, I confess that I did not until I googled the dates and places.

This is not just a nice medal, but TWO nice medals.Wax_Seal.jpgWax_Seal.2.jpg---This is a wax seal, used in ancient times (P.E.E. or pre email era) to seal envelopes with a blob of wax, and this was used to make an impression of initals or coat-of-arms etc. The medals are afixed to either side of the seal but you can see between and they are complete not unifaced. I hope this does not start me off collecting wax seals, I just liked the medals so much.

Thanks Bill. I have been meaning to say I saw your Avatar on ebay, now I know what your behind looks like. Very nice I wish mine was as cute!

945491.jpg

Death of the Duc of Berry by Gayrard 1820. 40mm gilded bronze. I will be doing a post on the Duc and his assassination and posting some medals of his family.

Thanks Bill. I have been meaning to say I saw your Avatar on ebay, now I know what your behind looks like. Very nice I wish mine was as cute!

I could say I wish mine was as well, but we are probably talking about something else! :ninja:

It is a nice medal and one of my favorite. I like fine wine as much or more than my coins. Put the two together and I can enjoy a fine evening.

Archived