CoinPeople.com

Server Error on BanknoteBank

Below is a copy|Paste of an Error I've been getting on Banknotebank in both IE and Firefox. I get this both at home and at work (don't tell! - haha) and it's been around for a while and I guess I've just gotten used to it until I saw a post where someone else had alluded to it.

After a few tries I am able to get to the main page. I can get to other pages - such as a link to my personall collection - with no issues at all. Once in, I am able to navigate easily to all except the main page. Here it is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

That's it! Don't know if it's got too many people beside me.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem the other day, but just hit refresh and it went away. I haven't tried it in a few days, though.

Yeah, that's what I do too, except that I have to hit the refresh about 5 to 8 times for it to eventually come up. Then I'm okay as long as I don't try to renew or click to go to the main page again. I can hit the back button in my browser to return to the main page, but that's about it.

It's odd to me because it's only for that one page.

Archived