CoinPeople.com

Need some more VAM help on this one...

bobh

I can't really see the doubling with the pictures. Where on the date numbers does the doubling show up? If it matches the 12 then thats what it should be. Normally clashes don't count toward a separate vam assignment. (Unless a letter is involved.)

I can't really see the doubling with the pictures. Where on the date numbers does the doubling show up? If it matches the 12 then thats what it should be. Normally clashes don't count toward a separate vam assignment. (Unless a letter is involved.)

I'll post more pictures today or tomorrow which show the date doubling better in a different angle of light.

And thanks for looking! :ninja:

I'll post more pictures today or tomorrow which show the date doubling better in a different angle of light.

Here is a better detail of the date:

Morgan_1886_P_date.jpg

The doubling under the top serif of the "1" is easily seen; there is doubling inside all the other digits, too, but it is less obvious without a microscope.

Just to get a feel where the doubling is at on the 8's an 6. lower loop right side and bottom first 8? Lower loop bottom second 8? And where on 6? BTW Leroy sometimes does not count doubling which takes a microscope. I can't remember what power magnification he does use though.

Archived