CoinPeople.com

Old taler

Vfox

I owned one of these about 11 or so years ago and it was stolen. I wanted to get another one but could never seem to find a decent looking one that was authentic. If anyone can help me out here I'd appreciate it a ton. Also any other information on the coin would be appreciated, it was a gift from someone who has passed, so I know very little about it. Mine was dated 1580 and was a middle of the road condition coin but it was my most prized coin. I still get very angry knowing someone took it from me all those years ago and probably would never appreciate it or the person it came from.

Albertine Line, AR Thaler, 1576, Germany-Saxony

.AVGVSTVS.D:G.DVX.SAXO.SA.ROMA.-IMP.

Armored bust right with two-handed sword

.ARCHIMARS-CHAL.ET.ELEG

(The only pic I could find was a fake, but it looks like this)

rc2f5w.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Thanks Drusus, those are the coin I was looking for. Do you happen to know any dealers within the US that have any of these? I don't have a problem buying from outside the US, I just think it would be a bit easier for the seller and myself, plus faster shipping with in country insurance.

If you happen across a spare at a reasonable price Matt, give me a yell. :ninja:

I'm trying not to spend over $250 on one, but I also want it to be in reasonable condition....hopefully...eventually, lol. Maybe I'll off some other coins to get it. Meh.

I think it will be hard to find one in better condition at that price as auction prices for these go to 400+ for fine examples. Although not american, I have used this seller and have been very satisfied and the price is about right for the condition on this coin...

http://www.muenzauktion.com/kvicala/item.p...amp;curr=USDEUR

Good luck one your quest...it is a great coin.

I emailed the seller about the coin you have linked above. I've never used that website before, and I assume the seller understands English, correct? Anyway, I asked if he is willing to send to the US and whatnot. I think that coin would make a fine example for my collection.

Pretty sure they will send to the US as I have bought from there and I am in the US. He may answer you in german though, I had to get help translating a note from a seller there once. :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Taler in the mail today, I'm really happy to have one in my collection again! Thanks again for the recommendation Drusus.

2mow9qp.jpg

ej95p3.jpg

I'm ganna post this in the general coin forum. :ninja:

I asked in the other thread if you had bought the one from MAShops before seeing this...I thought it was....outstanding coin IMO. I hate going to that site because they have so many great coins I want to buy everything and then get frustrated that I cant :ninja:.

Archived