CoinPeople.com

Need Help ?

tofune

Hi everyone, I just joined up and left a little background on the "newbie" file......

Anyway I had lost a bunch of coins years ago and just resently found them again. I'm mostly into collecting/buying/selling Hockey Cards not coins but now that I've found them again....Well I'd like to at least try to find out what they are. There are probably 20 or more that I don't know but right now I only have a picture of one of them. I took the picture with my wife's camera and ...... it was'nt working right ...OR... I did'nt know what I was doing.....lol, Anyway so I have one picture right now and Ill post the rest in the next few days/week or so......Now all I have to do is figure out how to post it............. Tom

old_coin_back.jpg old_coin_front.jpg

I don't have my book handy, but it look like

AE Centenonalis (sp?)

Constans

FEL TEMP REPARATIO, ("return of happy times) Soldier leading barbarian from hut-tree

TRP - I think that's Trier mint.

Probably issued around 348-354 (I'm pretty sure, but don't quote me on it)

Thanks, That was alot of help. I looked it up and although I did'nt find the exact coin I did find LOTS similar and information about it and yes it looks like (from the *mint marks) that it comes from Constantinopolis. I did'nt know how OR where to look it up without a picture, most everywhere you can only look up coins if you know what it is to start with, at least with help I knew where to start to look......Thanks again and I have 2 more that I'll be asking about......... Tom

*Mint marks ... I had no clue that was even on the coin

Archived