CoinPeople.com

Please ID a roman(?) coin for me

3ps

Hi,

Can anybody ID this worn coin for me please?

CoinFront.jpg

He appears to be wearing some kind of headgear, also there is a clear diagonal line goin from left to right, sloping upwards, just at his chin line. Sorry it's not so clear in this photo.

The reverse is very worn and my camera isn't picking much up. However, there seems to be 2 people standing either side, facing each other. There is something else in the middle... perhaps a person sitting on a chair but I'm really not sure, and I can see a vague horizontal line at the bottom, but not sure if it's part of the middle image or goes all the way across.

I got this when I was young and was under the impression it was a "Roman coin" but have no further information. I gave it to my son and he wants some info on it for a school project.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've been searching online for ages and the closest I can find to it is this:

http://www.vcoins.com/ancient/incitatuscoi...648&large=0

the face looks slightly different on mine, but all the other features are the same:

- facing left

- diagonal lines in correct place on shoulder

- diagonal lance

and the reverse side could be similar. It's a slight stretch of the imagination but there are raised features of approximately the correct shape in lots of places.

Could it be the case the I have a similar coin and the artist just did the face slightly differently, or could they usually get it accurate enough?

My one seems to have a soft heltmet with ear cover and chin strap and there might even be an "X" design on the rear of the helmet??

As I type this I realise my photo really is poor, sorry.

I've been searching online for ages and the closest I can find to it is this:

http://www.vcoins.com/ancient/incitatuscoi...648&large=0

the face looks slightly different on mine, but all the other features are the same:

- facing left

- diagonal lines in correct place on shoulder

- diagonal lance

and the reverse side could be similar. It's a slight stretch of the imagination but there are raised features of approximately the correct shape in lots of places.

Could it be the case the I have a similar coin and the artist just did the face slightly differently, or could they usually get it accurate enough?

My one seems to have a soft heltmet with ear cover and chin strap and there might even be an "X" design on the rear of the helmet??

As I type this I realise my photo really is poor, sorry.

I think your research is probably correct. I can't read the inscription but the obverse and reverse both make sense for this.

• 1 month later...

Archived