CoinPeople.com

Really like Constantine Era

Kristofer

So yesterday I was at the flea market. If you're unfamiliar with what a flea market is, it's a market where small businesses and regular people gather together and sell goods, mainly second hand. But there are also many specialty stores. In fact, in my town, it's the only place you can find a coin shop. There's four in my flea market, but none in town :ninja: Anyways, I jokingly call the flea market "America's Black Market" because if you know the right people you can get just about anything. But I'm deviating:

Yesterday I held in my hand a coin from constantines era. It was fantastic, I believe it was dated (and this could just be a false number in my mind) 287 A.D. then I held another I believe dated 344 A.D. I was in complete awe being able to hold coins that were thousands of years old. I really want to get some coins that may have been in circulation during Jesus Christs life. Anyways, I was hoping maybe someone here would be able to help me know which coins I held. Theye were small. The coin dealer said the one from 344 was made of silver and he called it the "lady". The other one looked very similar to the one in the coin people banner, second from the left. The prices for each, because neither was in a condition like the one in the banner, were as follows: the one from 287 was $20.00 and the "lady" was 35.00. Also, please share your first experiences with ancient coins.

So yesterday I was at the flea market. If you're unfamiliar with what a flea market is, it's a market where small businesses and regular people gather together and sell goods, mainly second hand. But there are also many specialty stores. In fact, in my town, it's the only place you can find a coin shop. There's four in my flea market, but none in town :ninja: Anyways, I jokingly call the flea market "America's Black Market" because if you know the right people you can get just about anything. But I'm deviating:

Yesterday I held in my hand a coin from constantines era. It was fantastic, I believe it was dated (and this could just be a false number in my mind) 287 A.D. then I held another I believe dated 344 A.D. I was in complete awe being able to hold coins that were thousands of years old. I really want to get some coins that may have been in circulation during Jesus Christs life. Anyways, I was hoping maybe someone here would be able to help me know which coins I held. Theye were small. The coin dealer said the one from 344 was made of silver and he called it the "lady". The other one looked very similar to the one in the coin people banner, second from the left. The prices for each, because neither was in a condition like the one in the banner, were as follows: the one from 287 was $20.00 and the "lady" was 35.00. Also, please share your first experiences with ancient coins.

Welcome to the wonderful world of ancients! Your post reminded me of my own fascination with late Roman empire bronze - here is a link to an early post of mine after doing a little background reading. The post is so old that the coin picture link is no longer valid, but here it below...

c003bq6.jpg

and here is a link to the post...

Constantine I narrative

You will find MANY informative posts and links about ancients on this board as many of the members have a great deal of expertise.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived