CoinPeople.com

What am I missing?

alexbq2

In this case Bobh got a great bargain on his new 1908 50 kop!

Actually, I looked again at the list of bids. Although the bidder's name is hidden, the amount is shown. There was just one other bidder who had put in a high bid of about 700 Euros maybe four hours before the auction ended; all the other bids were between 400 and 500 Euros. I thought a long time about how high I wanted to bid because I usually only bid in the last 4 or 5 seconds of the auction (called "sniping" :ninja: ). So I put in a high bid of 777 Euros (hey, 7's a lucky number!). I expected to see an end price of around 600 Euros.

But if that other bidder had stayed away, I would have saved a couple hundred Euros. ;) But now it's mine! ;) (haven't yet received it, though). All it takes is two bidders who are determined to have something, then the sky's the limit. I think the bid may have gone a little too high considering the grade of the coin; however, it is a RARE date and doesn't have any obvious problems such as harsh cleaning (might have been cleaned a long time ago, though), rim dings, mount repairs, etc. Definitely a collectible coin.

• 1 month later...

Archived